Tor Browser is based off of the Firefox project, and is very similar in most aspect to the regular Firefox browser. The big difference though, is that all traffic is routed through Tor. This means you can be sure that your time spent browsing online is anonymous and safe.
The Tor Project is an open source project that was created to help people browse the Internet safely. This has been used in a wide variety of applications, ranging from helping bypass firewalls in countries like China to ensuring safe communications between diplomats. But with the increasing pressure on everyone to keep basic online browsing private from markers, governments, and other snoops, it is starting to be more commonly used in everyday life for many people.
Tor works by channeling your traffic through a multi-step encryption across a globally-distributed servers. This means that not only your identity is completely hidden from the website/onlien service you are trying to connect to, it is close to impossible for anyone to intercept and read the communication en route.
With Tor browser, you can now get all of the powerful security in Tor, but with the ease of a common web browser. If you are interested in learning more about the Tor network and how it works, we highly recommend reading through their explanation.
Key Features Tor Browser :
1. Surfing anonymously gives a powerful shield against network traffic and surveillance analysis. Protecting your online privacy may only be done by other applications tools which can hide where you are and also can forbid your online information and surfing habits from being shown to anyone.
2. In case you are ever looking for such something, Tor Browser Bundle is just one suggestion you can add to the list. The application form is based on a network of virtual servers in order to get your browsing sessions anonymous. Tor makes available a pair of rules and algorithms which paths the communications through various servers all around the globe. Hence, all of the traffic is randomized so tracking the foundation becomes a nearly impossible task.
3. The download program includes a self-extracting archive that includes the Tor application itself, which can be run from command line, a cross platform controller GUI called Vidalia and a custom-made version of Firefox built with a set of addons that ensure online anonymity.
4. We counsel the average user to consider employing the Vidalia application, because the graphical interface puts you through an inferior ordeal than the control prompt model of Tor. After you first run Vidalia, it automatically connects to the Tor system of course if the procedure is successful, a status will be shown at the primary window.
5. Vidalia’s interface encases a selection of shortcuts that enable one to halt the service, to start creating the wedges, to trigger an international perspective of their system & most importantly, it matches a button with a new identity any time you desire. If you’re considering bandwidth usage, Vidalia comes with another utility only for showing a bandwidth graph that measures the receive/send speed of their packets.
6. The portable Firefox version included in the download package is customized with a few extensions which produce the anonymous surfing adventure easier. These include: Tor button — allows you to create a new identity whenever you begin a browsing session, no script — cubes scripts from untrusted domain names and HTTPS Discussing empowers one to encrypt the communicating with lots of popular websites. It can be configured in command prompt, run from the dedicated GUI controller — Vidalia and includes a pre configured browser. Whichever of these methods you opt for the result is a safe and controlled Internet browsing experience